I highly recommend this product and treatment.
I thought that rocket salad and Parma ham would be the death of me.
I think it should be the healthcare systems responsibility to make IQoro available. The device really makes a difference.
The difference is like night and day compared with when I began.
The earlier method was to rehabilitate the swallowing function was very painful and is not allowed any more, but it showed that the musculature can be influenced.
14 days later I could swallow almost anything. It was a huge relief that spurred me on to continue the exercises.
14. Older people with swallowing dysfunction and poor oral health are at greater risk of early death
This study show that swallowing dysfunction and poor oral health were identified as independent risk factors for mortality in older people in intermediate care.Read more
16. Effects of oral neuromuscular training on swallowing dysfunction among older people in intermediate care – a cluster randomised, controlled trial
Training with IQoro is a new promising swallowing rehabilitation method among older people in intermediate care with impaired swallowing.Read more
15. Oral neuromuscular training relieves hernia-related dysphagia and GERD symptoms as effectively in obese as in non-obese patients.
IQoro training is equally successful in treating moderately- or severely obese patients as in treating sufferers of normal weight. Obesity in itself does not seem to be a handicap in treating esophageal dysphagia and other GERD symptoms by IQoro.Read more
13. Swallowing dysfunction as risk factor for undernutrition in older people admitted to Swedish short-term care: a cross-sectional study
Swallowing dysfunction and risk of undernutrition increase the risk of pneumonia, morbidity, and mortality. The result of this study show the need for a systematic screening program and feasible treatment to improve swallowing function for adequate and safe food intake among older people in short-term care.Read more
12. Study protocol for the SOFIA project: Swallowing function, Oral health, and Food Intake in old Age: a descriptive study with a cluster randomized trial.
Older people are negatively impacted by impaired eating and nutrition, which effect their quality of life. The results of this study will make important contributions to rehabilitation knowledge, including approaches for improving swallowing function, oral health, and food intake and for improving the quality of oral care for older people.Read more
11. Effect of IQoro training on impaired postural control and oropharyngeal motor function in patients with dysphagia after stroke.
IQoro successfully treats impaired postural control and oropharyngeal motor function in patients with dysphagia after stroke. The study show improvements are still present at long-term follow up.Read more