The healthtech company MYoroface helps people regain their quality of life by treating the root cause of the common public diseases that affect everyday life without negative side effects or detours.
Our future goal is for IQoro to become as common as the toothbrush in the bathroom.
MYoroface was founded in 2012 to commercialize the IQoro product to make the treatment available to many more.
These are important milestones in the company’s history.
This year we have already reached two major milestones:
- IQoro has now been approved as a prescriptive device in the UK. This means that the British can now get IQoro on prescription!
- We have released an app that helps our customers train optimally.
- We are starting to expand our team properly, with even more competent employees at our offices in Hudiksvall and Gothenburg.
- We reach 4 new markets when the website is released in Danish, Norwegian, Finnish and German during the spring and summer.
- We introduce a results guarantee on training with IQoro. Money back if you do not get better!
- We get our first independent NHS study published.
- We launch our new e-commerce platform that makes it possible for all EU customers to buy IQoro online.
- Our team is growing with an additional nine employees and we keep on recruiting.
- The team grows further.
- We prepare for a change of e-commerce platform.
- IQoro helps 400% more private customers in the UK.
- More and more hospitals in both Denmark and the UK begin to deploy IQoro in their daily healthcare routines.
- IQoro for Hiatal hernia.
”IQoro is a Medtech treatment that can reduce the risks of surgical intervention or the long term use of PPI drugs.”
- IQoro for dysphagia after stroke
“The intended place in therapy would be as well as standard speech and language therapy in people with stroke-related dysphagia.”
- The company continues to develop the knowledge hub and invests more in e-commerce marketing in Sweden and the UK.
- During the year, four new employees are recruited to enable faster expansion.
- MYoroface is awarded a stipend from the Ahlgrens donation fund
- MYoroface is awarded ‘Innovation of the Year’ at the Hylla Gala in Hudiksvall
- The company sponsors health-related exhibitions in the UK and builds important healthcare contacts.
- The web shop is upgraded and now launched in the UK too.
- The site is transformed to be a digital knowledge hub with information about dysphagia, hiatal hernia, snoring and sleep apnoea.
- Demand increases – more and more people are choosing to address their problems without waiting for protracted healthcare procurement processes.
- Revenues increase by 102% over the previous year.
- A new round of financing through Almi Invest and two new angel investors come in as shareholders.
- The company starts to address the healthcare sector in The United Kingdom.
- MYoroface is chosen to take part in ‘Go-Global MedTech’: an incubator program where an international expansion plan is created.
- The initial focus is the UK – an important market for MedTech devices.
- The application for CE marking and patents is approved.
- Almi Invest become a shareholder and the IQoro product is launched in June.
- Work begins on demonstrating and selling to Swedish regional health authorities.
- The first web shop orders from private individuals are received.
- The company has three employees and opens offices in Hudiksvall in northern Sweden, and in the Sahlgrenska Science Park in Gothenburg.
- The company MYoroface AB is formed and the founders work in parallel with their full-time jobs elsewhere to seek financial backing to commercialise the product.
- Patent and design protection is applied for, an industrial designer is engaged and the company explores potential buyers for the product in the healthcare sector.
- Mary Hägg is a world-renowned specialist in orofacial medicine; first as a dentist, and then as a Doctor of Medicine. She has worked with treatment of eating and swallowing disorders for more than 20 years.
- Ylvali Gerling and Linn Hägg, crystallize her research and the device that she invents into a business model that immediately comes in the top 12 of the prestigious Venture Cup.