I am a diagnosed apnoea patient who happened to see an advertisement for IQoro®. I rang and ordered one and began training immediately. What a device! I immediately sensed that my throat was easing and widening, it was less tight and the air moved more freely.
Now I’ve trained three times a day for just over three weeks in accordance with instructions: 3 x 10 seconds each time. My paralysing tiredness is gone. Often I was so tired that I felt that I wanted to be sick; the ground was swaying beneath me. These symptoms disappeared almost immediately.
Sleep is much better now, and very soon after I began training I started to dream again. I haven’t done that for many years. I get fitter all the time and I have even begun to plan what I shall do at the weekends. Previously, weekends would just be for resting. It was a crisis if I had to go somewhere, I knew that I just couldn’t manage.
I still snore sometimes, but I continue faithfully with the exercise. Everybody should train with IQoro®, perhaps the onset of sleep apnoea could be prevented in that way? So, many thanks for a wonderful device that is worth every penny spent. Of course, I recommend it to all acquaintances that have a problem with snoring or sleep apnoea.
Åke’s snoring is gone
Åke Sonerud, Sweden had snored for many years before he at last cured the problem. After a lecture at his Rotary Club about the neuromuscular training device IQoro’s® positive effects on several conditions, including snoring, Åke Sonerud went and bought one. Nothing that he regrets today!
Åke Sonerud and his wife Annette have been together for several decades. There have been three children, or perhaps we should say four. The fourth is Åke Sonerud ’s innovation, a mechanical invention that lies behind the success of his company Oil Quick in Hudiksvall. Nowadays he has eased off a bit and handed over a great deal of the responsibility to his children Henrik and Linnea, in order to enjoy life as a pensioner together with his wife Annette.
The problem was made worse
In the beginning snoring was no great problem for the Soneruds.
- No, it wasn’t too bad. Back in those days one didn’t talk much openly about such problems, says Annette, who patiently had woken her husband every time he disturbed her night’s sleep.
Of course they’d heard of couples that had separate bedrooms because of such problems, but laughed at this and said that it was nothing that could ever happen to them.
But when Åke’s snoring intensified over the years his wife had started to have had enough.
- When you have to wake several times per night and push your partner, well, in the end it gets to be too much.
Even Åke began to feel the consequences of his many years of snoring.
- I never really got into a deep sleep phase, which meant that I became very tired during the day and could easily fall asleep in front of the TV early in the evening.
We want to be able to go to sleep together, and wake up together.
Åke Sonerud had read about the neuromuscular exerciser IQoro® earlier. With an innovator’s spirit running in his blood, he thought that it sounded interesting.
- And the product was from my hometown so it seemed even more cool”, he adds.
After a lecture at his Rotary club on IQoro’s® effect on both swallowing difficulties and snoring Åke Sonerud ordered a device and started the treatment program.
- What a difference, almost unreal! After just a couple of months the snoring reduced both in strength and in frequency, says Annette.
To start with, Åke trained diligently three times per day according to the prescribed regime, and after a few months reduced to twice per day.
The quality of life for the Soneruds has been substantially improved. Åke feels significantly more rested and his daytime tiredness is gone. And more than that, his wife Annette now sleeps undisturbed.
- I have got back my night time peace. Wonderful that we didn’t need to go as far as separate bedrooms because we want to fall asleep and wake up together as we have always done, says Annette as she looks at her ex-snorer.
This is how I got rid of my snoring
Eje Åhlander, a 67 year-old doctor, has snored for many years, with night-time breathing interruption (sleep apnoea) at times, too. The solution for him was IQoro®, a neuromuscular training device and regime that activates the body’s nerve system and strengthens the musculature in the upper air pathways.
Approximately 60% of men and 40% of women, over 40 years old, snore. Some of these do not suffer from it themselves, but for family members it can cause a problem. A bit of a taboo problem really, when it can lead to separate bedrooms.
Eje Åhlander, a specialist in general medicine at a health centre in Jämtland, Sweden, wasn’t troubled himself by his snoring.
– On the other hand, it badly affected my wife, also a doctor, which didn’t feel good.
Through an acquaintance, I got to hear about a neuromuscular exercise device which could be effective against snoring. To Eje’s surprise the exercise had a positive result after only a short while, and he was cured of both snoring and sleep apnoea.
– It was amazing! To be able to treat yourself, during the day, with such a short training period of less than two minutes per day, is incredible.
Nowadays peace reigns at night in their house in Kälarne.
– To my wife’s huge relief! laughs Eje. I can really recommend IQoro® strongly to anyone with the same problems.
IQoro® really helps
Roger Sundström had tried most things to help his snoring before he began training with IQoro®. Thanks to this new treatment method, effective against both swallowing problems and snoring, Roger at last solved the problem of his nightly noise.
Social snoring, that is to say when a person is disturbed by somebody else’s snoring, is considerably more common than people think; and can result in a couple not being able to share the same bedroom. And so it is in Roger’s home.
- I haven’t wanted to disturb Vanja, my partner’s, nightly sleep, says Roger Sundström who works by day as a consultant in employee- and leadership development.
Roger Sundström has snored for many years, and has even been through sleep examination for his difficulties. The job as a consultant, continually meeting new people, has taught him to be flexible and open-minded.
- I’m completely open, and after having tried a snoring guard and a lot of useless preparations from the pharmacy, I was ready to test IQoro®.
His daughter, a speech therapist, gave her professional opinion.
Before he attended a lecture on the new treatment method, Roger had already heard about Mary Hägg’s research and thought it sounded both serious and interesting. After a lecture that described the research and how the training works in practice, Roger had an even stronger belief in the product.
- But I checked first with my daughter Martina who is a speech therapist and very knowledgeable in this area and she, too, thought I should test it.
In the beginning Roger combined using his snoring screen along with his new IQoro training.
- when I began to notice the results of IQoro® after just a month, I stopped using the snoring screen because it chafed and was painful.
Roger’s partner also noticed that his snores had become less in number and in intensity. For Roger, it is the neuromuscular training device IQoro® that has made the difference.
- I sleep more continuously and I am markedly more rested in the morning. The training is simple and gives quick results. I can absolutely recommend IQoro®, says Roger Sundström.
They got the help they needed, with their snoring and heartburn (LPR).
Eva Råbom and Roland Lönnberg from Bergsjö in Sweden have tested a new treatment method which is effective against swallowing difficulties, and snoring and sleep apnoea.
Eva suffered from acidic reflux (LPR), and Roland snored and had sleep apnoea. It was after a lecture by the researcher Mary Hägg that the couple acted and bought one neuromuscular training device each.
– It was an interesting lecture, sounded altogether logical, says Roland with agreement from his partner, Eva.
They had heard about the method before, but didn’t know how it worked. Here, they got to understand how daily training with an IQoro® neuromuscular training device can reach and strengthen the whole muscle chain from mouth to stomach. They learned that it is because the muscle chain is all so interdependent that the treatment method is effective in so many different areas: including swallowing problems, heartburn, reflux (LPR), and even snoring and sleep apnoea.
With one device each, the couple started training immediately. It didn’t take many weeks before Roland began to notice the results.
– It’s exceeded expectations! Nowadays, I snore markedly less and I have not had any sleep apnoea for a long time, says Roland, relieved to have recovered his nights’ sleep. He is considerably fitter during the day and no longer feels sleepy when driving his car.
For his partner, Eva, who is burdened with a suspected Hiatus hernia, it also went fairly well: to start with at least.
– In the beginning, I was disciplined with myself and almost cured my heartburn and reflux. Then I became comfortable and began to cheat. Pure laziness from my side, when the entire training exercise is less than two minutes per day. Anybody can manage that, even me! says Eva perceptively and promises to begin a new training schedule.
Like many other couples where one snores, they have separate bedrooms. Perhaps something that can be changed now that Roland has become so much better with his snoring?
– Ha! Then Eva can certainly get started properly with her IQoro! She doesn’t want to admit it, but she snores too, says Roland and looks affectionately at his partner.
Eva cured her snoring
Eva Hjalmarsson from Gothenburg had no idea she snored. It came to light when she went on a trip with a friend.
– It was so embarrassing when she needed to nudge me to wake me. I found it difficult to accept that I, as a woman, snored. I thought I was the only one that had the problem.
Despite the fact that Eva is a retired nurse, she was not aware that women snore too. Studies show that 40% of all women over 40 years old snore, and that for men of the same age the figure is 60%. Many snorers don’t suffer themselves, but for those around them it can be a problem. The fact is that many couples have separate bedrooms.
– Perhaps we women don’t dare talk about snoring. When I asked around, none of my friends snored, so I said nothing either.
For safety’s sake, she asked the advice of a doctor, but he merely concluded that Eva was neither overweight nor had high blood pressure. Therefore, there was no danger in her case. He said that all people get weakened, slackened musculature as they get older.
– But I was only 55! says Eva indignantly.
Even if her snoring was not causing any health problems for Eva, she still wanted to find a way to solve her little secret.
– Because I’m a social person I didn’t want this to limit me. I found for example, that if I slept on my front, my snoring would be better.
But then Eva saw an advertisement for a health exhibition in Gothenburg, where a company demonstrated a neuromuscular training device which, amongst other things, helped those that snore.
– Good! I thought. Then I can do something myself about the problem.
In November 2014, Eva began to train with the IQoro® neuromuscular device; three sessions per day, usually before meals. In January, she went with her children and grandchildren on a skiing holiday and they could – to Eva’s joy and great relief – confirm that she had completely stopped snoring.
– My family were the only ones that knew that I snored. But they had no idea that I had exercised away my problem. Oh well, I just seem to have grown out of it! I said.
In March, Eva travelled on a new journey, with the same friend as before, and this time her room-mate didn’t need to nudge Eva.
– I think the treatment method is both simple and easy to perform. You just need to associate the exercise with some other habit so that you don’t forget. As an extra bonus, I think that my neck has become smoother, and my double chin has reduced. We’re all a bit vain, aren’t we? It’s nice when everything goes the right way, laughs Eva who usually impresses her grandchildren by performing cartwheels.
Eva Hjalmarsson, 68, retired nurse, Gothenburg, former snorer.