Jane’s lifelong struggle with acid reflux ended in weeks
Jane Field had suffered from throat problems since childhood. In the morning she would wake up with a sore throat and gunge at the back of the mouth.
During the day she coughed and often felt the need to clear her throat.
Get to know your symptoms
Do you have similar symptoms as Jane? Have a read on our page about acid reflux to understand the inner workings of reflux.
She got an appointment with a speech therapist
Tired of the annoying symptoms she got an appointment with a speech and language therapist.
– The speech therapist used IQoro herself because she had a hiatus hernia. So she actually recommended it in the first place, Jane says.
She started with IQoro and got off the PPIs
Jane was prescribed PPIs to treat her throat symptoms which were getting worse. The PPIs worked well but she had a looming worry about what was next.
– I was afraid that when I ended the medication, the symptoms would come back. So I started using the IQoro as I was finishing the medication, and it’s been transformative.
The symptoms are gone
– I don´t wake up with a sore throat any more and I slept better since I used it. My singing voice has improved. That is much, much better. Just overall I feel much better.
IQoro with a cup of tea three times a day
Treating oneself with IQoro takes 30 seconds, three times a day. Many do it at breakfast, lunch and dinner time. Jane has made IQoro a part of her cup of tea routine.
– I leave the IQoro by the kettle. I’m English so I’m a tea drinker, and I have a cup of tea with every meal. That’s three times a day.
– I will usually use IQoro while I’m boiling the kettle to make my cup of tea. That works very well.
Sometimes reflux medicine has no effect
Some reflux-related symptoms have other causes than stomach acid. Because of this, medication has no effect.
The treatment will keep the symptoms at bay
The IQoro device is now a regular habit for Jane. She is determined to continue with the treatment, and she’s confident her old symptoms will always be kept at bay.
– It’s so wonderful to be free of symptoms after so many years. You get used to them – you think this is my life. So now I’m prepared to do the treatment for the rest of my life, rather than suffer or take medication.