MYoroface – important milestones
MYoroface was founded in 2012 to commercialize the product IQoro, and make the treatment available to more people. The company completed its first investment round in 2014 and has over the years expanded into Europe. In 2022, IQoro got approved in the UK as a treatment available on prescription in the national healthcare system.
CEO Ylvali Gerling och VP & COO Maria Gårdlund, MYoroface
Read more about important milestones in our history below, or read about the company MYoroface here.
- IQoro was approved as a prescriptive device in the UK. This means that the British can now get IQoro on prescription.
- We have released an app that helps our customers with their training routine.
- Our team is expanding, with even more competent employees at our offices in Hudiksvall and Gothenburg.
- We reach 4 new markets when the website is released in Danish, Norwegian, Finnish and German during spring and summer.
- We introduce a results guarantee on training with IQoro. Money back if you do not get better!
- We get our first independent NHS study published.
- The Gothenburg office is moving in to their first own office (105 sq m) within Sahlgrenska Sience Park
- We launch our new e-commerce platform that makes it possible for all EU customers to buy IQoro online.
- Our team is growing with an additional nine employees and we keep on recruiting.
- The team grows further.
- We prepare for a change of e-commerce platform.
- IQoro helps 400% more private customers in the UK.
- More and more hospitals in both Denmark and the UK begin to deploy IQoro in their daily healthcare routines.
- We are moving into our first own HQ office in Hudiksvall, 298 sq m including warehouse
In the UK, the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) publish two Medtech Innovation Briefings (MIBs) to brief the National Health Service (NHS) about IQoro:
- IQoro for Hiatal hernia.
”IQoro is a Medtech treatment that can reduce the risks of surgical intervention or the long term use of PPI drugs.”
- IQoro for dysphagia after stroke
“The intended place in therapy would be as well as standard speech and language therapy in people with stroke-related dysphagia.”
- We continue to develop our knowledge hub and invests more in e-commerce marketing in Sweden and the UK.
- During the year, four new employees are recruited to enable faster expansion.
- MYoroface is awarded a stipend from the Ahlgrens donation fund
- MYoroface is awarded ‘Innovation of the Year’ at the Hylla Gala in Hudiksvall
- We are participating in events, hold demos and meet customers in the UK
- The web shop is upgraded and now launched in the UK too.
- The site is transformed to be a digital knowledge hub with information about dysphagia, hiatal hernia, snoring and sleep apnoea.
- Demand increases – more and more people are choosing to address their problems without waiting for protracted healthcare procurement processes.
- Revenues increase by 102 percent over the previous year.
- ‘Company of the year’ award in Hudiksvall
- Winner of the ‘Boost InnovationTM’ prize
- A new round of financing through Almi Invest and two new angel investors come in as shareholders.
- The company starts to address the healthcare sector in The United Kingdom.
MYoroface one of Sweden’s ten most innovative entrepreneurs.
- MYoroface is chosen to take part in ‘Go-Global MedTech’: an incubator program where an international expansion plan is created.
- The initial focus is the UK – an important market for MedTech devices.
- MYoroface wins the ALMI ‘pitch competition’ at the Åre Capital Markets Day.
- MYoroface wins first prize for the best expansion plan in the ‘Go-Global MedTech’ program.
- The application for CE marking and patents are approved.
- IQoro is launched in Sweden in june 2014.
- Almi Invest become a shareholder.
- Work begins on demonstrating and selling to Swedish regional health authorities.
- The first orders in the webshop are recieved from private individuals.
- MYoroface moves into coworking spaces in Hudiksvall and at Sahlgrenska Sience Park in Gothenburg.
- Ylvali Gerling and Linn Hägg, co-founders and owners, starts working full-time in the company and soon hire their first employee.
- Patent and design protection is applied for, an industrial designer is engaged and the company explores potential buyers for the product in the healthcare sector.
- The company MYoroface AB is formed by Ylvali Gerling, Linn Hägg and Mary Hägg
- We start seeking financial backing to commercialise the product.
- MYoroface is awarded the SKAPA grant for its innovation.
- Mary Hägg, doctor of medicine, specialized in orofacial medicine, has researched treatment for eating and swallowing difficulties for over 20 years.
- Ylvali Gerling and Mary Hägg bundle Mary’s product and research into a business idea that places among the top 12 in the prestigious Venture Cup